WHAT IS DRY EYE?
Dry Eye is a fairly common condition where not enough tears are produced for the surface of the eyes and beneath the eyelids, or the tears dry up too quickly. Your eyes can feel dry, irritated and inflamed. It affects 1 in 5 adults in the UK, more women than men, and the risk of dry eye increases with age.READ MORE
COMMON SYMPTOMS OF DRY EYE
Dry eye often causes a 'gritty' sensation or the feeling of generally sore tired eyes. Other symptoms include:
BLURRED OR SMEARY VISION
STINGING, BURNING OR IRRITATED FEELING
SENSITIVITY TO LIGHT
SENSITIVITY TO POLLUTION AND AIR CONDITIONING
FOREIGN BODY SENSATION
Preservatives: great for prolonging shelf-life of products; not so great for your eyes. Thea’s unique Dry Eye range is 100% preservative-free and still lasts for up to three months.
Our Eye Lid Cleansing formulations are 100% free from perfumes and are gentle on the delicate skin around the eye.
TREATING DRY EYE
It's important to keep the delicate surface of the eye lubricated. Drinking plenty of water will keep your whole body, including your eyes, hydrated and will help to maintain a healthy level of natural tears. Other ways we can manage symptoms are by:
- Blinking more and closing eyes for short periods of time
- Wearing glasses/sunglasses for protection in windy, polluted or sunny environments
- Keeping a window open to allow a little moisture into the dry air
- Taking a supplement of fatty acids may also decrease the symptoms of Dry Eye
WHY CHOOSE THEALOZ DUO?
Thealoz® Duo Dry Eye drops are suitable for all Dry Eye sufferers looking for the latest drop, as they combine both long-lasting relief and protection for the surface of the eye.
- Preservative free
- Clinically proven to increase the thickness of the tear film which relieves symptoms of Dry Eye1
- 0.15% Hyaluronic acid – this acts as a tear lubricant, provides long-lasting relief and soothes your symptoms
- 3% Trehalose is added to provide protection for the surface of the eye
- Suitable for all Dry Eye sufferers, including contact lens wearers
- Unique bottle design means it is preservative-free
- The 10ml bottle has 300 drops and can be used for up to 3 months after opening
- Also available in a 30-unit dose pack for more occasional use or for travelling
- All Dry Eye sufferers
- A premium alternative — People who have tried other eye drops, but not found satisfaction or comfort
- All Symptoms – From mild-to-severe
- Contact lens wearers – for improved comfort